Saturday, November 27, 2010
Time to make a change.
Well....as some of you may or may not know...I made the decision to go natural. But ever since I decided to transition, I've experienced some serious breakage. So I went back to the drawing board, to figure out what I could do to better the health and improve the length of my hair.
1. Cut down my use of heat I know this probably the main cause of my hair breakage. I flat ironed my hair even more since I've been transitioning (and yes, I used a heat protector). I know, i know,....a big NO NO. So from now on I will only use direct heat once a month.
2. Before I use any direct heat, I will do a protein treatment.
3. Anytime I flat iron my hair, I will wear it straight for two weeks. During these two weeks I will continue to moisturize and seal as usual. In addition, I will use leave in conditioners as needed. After the two weeks, I will shampoo (this will be the only time I shampoo) and follow up with a deep conditioner.
4. I will co-wash and deep condition every week unless I flat iron (as stated above). Air dry only (this will be tough for me).
5. Protective Styling : Buns, braid outs, braids, twist/twist outs, roller sets etc.
6. Moisturize and seal every night. And cover with satin or silk scarf.
7. Biotin or MSM Supplement for growth??? I don't know if I will do this or not....if I do I will take a very low dosage. I'll keep you updated on this.